First things first…. It’s time to announce the winner of the January 2020 Cookbook Giveaway… drumroll inserted here… braaaa tat tat… I don’t know what I’m saying… it’s KATIE! Katie, I’ll contact you in order to send you your copy Binging with Babish.
Today’s recipe is a special one because it’s my good friend Michelle’s recipe for her tostadas. And it’s even more special because it was recently her 30th birthday!! I hope you enjoy this really easy and quick recipe.
- Choice of Meat (I’ll explain)\
- Small Corn Tortillas
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Refried Beans, Shredded Lettuce, Tomatoes, Avocados (All Optional)
*Pre-heat Oven to 350 Degrees
1. Prep and cook your meat. Michelle likes to pressure cook in her Ninja Foodie some pork chops (or pork shoulder, whatever you have) with two cans of coke, some sriracha, and a little water. Once it’s cooked she shreds it and it’s amazing! You could make shredded chicken with taco seasoning, grab a rotisserie chicken and shred it or cook up some steaks and cut it thinly. Whatever you choose it will be awesome!
2. Place tortillas on a cookie sheet. You can use oil or butter to make the tortillas crispy (lightly coat the tortilla).
3. Spoon some refried beans (if you want them) onto the tortillas and then layer some meat on.
4. Add cheese to the top and place in the over for 15 minutes.
5. Take them out of the oven and garnish with desired toppings (lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, avocado).