Okay, we all have a really big issue that only arises during October… what the hell do we do with the pumpkin guts from pumpkin carving????
Well I don’t know what you do with the squishy parts, but we’ve got the seeds covered here in todays blog! You’ve heard of peppermint bark for Christmas… but what about pumpkin seed bark??? Well we are gonna blow your mind here.
Cayenne Pumpkin Seed Bark
- Separate those seeds out and give them a good rinse!
2. Pat those suckers dry! But beware, they are slippery little buggers.
3. Grab your ingredients: Cayenne Pepper (or CInnamon if you aren’t feeling the spice), chocolate chips and butter.
4. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
5. Coat the seeds in your spices.
6. Put some foil on a cookie sheet and spread those seeds out. You are going to want to try your hardest to make sure they are all lying flat in one layer and not overlapping too much.
7. Put them in the oven for only about 6 minutes or they will burn.
8. Add butter (about 3 tablespoons) to your bag of chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave this mixture in 30 second intervals, stirring in between to make sure that the chocolate doesn’t burn.
9. Those seeds are going to be done. Pull them out and make sure your chocolate is nice and melty, ready to go!
10. Mix the seeds into the chocolate making sure its mixed super well…no seeds left behind!
11. Put some parchment paper down on your now cool cookie sheet.
12. Spread out the mixture onto the parchment paper. You’ll wanna spread it out to a thickness you like. And then if its snowing outside like it has been here, put it outside in the freezing cold, or place it in your freezer. Let it harden.
13. Once it’s hard, take it out of your cold source and then break it apart.
Let me know if you try this recipe!! Hope you like it!